MAXGUARD GT TOOLING GELCOAT
MAXGUARD GT Tooling Gelcoat is based on epoxy vinyl ester which is a guarantee for a hard and glossy tool finish. Also good mechanical and chemical resistance of the tooling gelcoat will increase life time of the tool. MAXGUARD GT Tooling Gelcoat is avilable in spary and brush quality.
- ensure that temperature of the work shop as well as plug /model and tooling gelcoat is 20-25 cํ
- spray by low pressure airless gun / cup or by brush
- spray tooling gelcoat carefully wet on wet in three passes; first 200 microns (for good air release) and then 300-400 microns followed by 300-400 microns, to give final cured gelcoat thickness 700-900 microns
- use high quality MEK-peroxide 1,5 volume% (15 ml MEK-peroxide to 1 kg of tooling gelcoat)
- allow tooling gelcoat to fully cure (2-3 hours) before continuing work
AME 6000 T-35 SKIN COAT RESIN
AME 6000 T-35 Skin Coat is a special epoxy vinyl ester based resin with low shrinkage. The skin coat resin with its low viscosity and high mechanical strength gives an initial layer free of cavities and provide good support for the tooling gelcoat. AME 6000 T-35 Skin Coat is recommended for big tools under a lot of stress, tools of complicated structures and tool edges / flenges which come under lot of stress. AME 6000 T-35 Skin Coat is available for hand lay-up and spray-up applications.
- ensure that temperature of the work shop as well skin coat resin is 20-25 cํ
- use high quality MEK-peroxide 1,5 volume% (15 ml MEK-peroxide to 1 kg of skin coat resin)
- roll out laminate carefully to a smooth surface avoiding irregularities or fibers sticking out which can create air pockets in the final laminate
- lamination work with Aropol Fast Tool can start when the skin coat resin is fully cured (2-3 hours)
AROPOL XO TOOLING RESIN
AROPOL XO is a unique new tooling resin based on Ashland’s proven low profile (LP) technology which gives the final tool a superior surface profile and good dimensional stability. The low viscosity and good curing characteristics of the tooling resin makes it easy to apply and to achieve good final laminate properties.
AROPOL XO resin is available for hand lay-up and spray-up applications.
- ensure that the temperature of the work shop and the tooling resin is 20-25 cํ
- use high quality MEK-peroxide 1,5 volume% (15 ml MEK-peroxide to 1 kg of tooling resin)
- build a minimum laminate thickness of 4-5 mm wet on wet with powder bound mat (4×450 g/m²) by hand lay-up or by spray-up
- before continuing work, check that the underlaying laminate is fully cured (2-3 hours)
- the glass fiber content of final laminate will be 25-30%
- modest postcuring (still on plug / model) will improve final dimensional stability of tool*
- master tool or final tool should not be demoulded from plug or master before 24 hours after finishing lamination work
- storage time of AROPOL XO tooling resin is four months
- AROPOL XO tooling resin is delivered in 20/25 kg pails and 250 kg drums